Saturday, 13 March 2010

New Job / New Wardrobe


So, with a new job comes a whole new wardrobe which I'm quite excited about. I've spent the past two and a half years having to wear cargo trousers and a fleece (being a window dresser might look fun but it basically involves dressing like a man and having to do DIY things all the time). I'm now going to be entering the world of 'Office attire'. Immediately I thought of Maggie Gyllenhaal's geeky old secretary style in 'Secretary' but I don't think I could pull off pussy-bow collars and frankly I don't want to give the impression that I'm copying her style because I want to be spanked, so I have since been trawling online shops browsing classic pencil skirts and wondering what kind of top I want to wear with it. I don't want to fall into the trap of 'I work in an office now so I buy all my clothes from Next'. I'd like it if I could find clothes that were a little more interesting and 'quirky' without veering too far from the mark.

I've turned to Polyvore to play around with ideas.




I've actually got this grey jersey Luella dress [I panic-bought when she went into administration] which I confess I still haven't worn yet, but I think it'd be work worthy...?
secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails