Friday, 2 April 2010

My love for Wilkinson

Wilkinson's and I first met back during my time at University in Leeds. Word spread fast through the grapevine that it was the nearest place to buy paints and materials fairly cheaply. Since then I'd say we've had a pretty loyal affair - mainly due to the fact you can get toiletries so cheap whilst getting sidetracked by everything from DIY, Home Furnishings, Pet supplies and pick n'mix.

My reasons for telling you about my love for Wilko's is that recently I've come across the ultimate in bargain beauty finds. I won't say it's the most exciting product I've ever recommended, but it is disgustingly good value for money.

Behold, the 77p Gentle Face Wash and Smoothing Cleansing Scrub:


[Disclaimer: I think one of them might be 78p but you get the idea]

Being 26, I've spent a good few years having it drummed into me by magazines and generally anyone who knows better that I should be using expensive / incredible beauty products. The fact is, I don't want to go to a beauty counter and pay 30 quid for something that I don't know for sure will work for me. So, I thought I'd take less of a risk with a product that, judging by the packaging didn't LOOK too bad and at less than 80p wouldn't pull at the purse strings too much.

I've been using it for over a month now and I have no complaints. No, I've not woken up with perfect skin - but I don't think there's any miracle product that will give you that, but I've not had any major zit issues which is never a bad sign. You can also get a cheap cleanser, toner and moisturiser in the same range which I may have to try out and I think you should too.

So, thanks Wilko's for providing the nation with such a super cheap beauty product.


POST SCRIPT - Forgot to mention the other cool thing we bought from there today, National Geographic Air Freshner! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails