Saturday, 1 May 2010

Dead Mouse / Gilbert Grape / eBay

Sorry for the neglect dear blog, you did nothing to deserve it.
I've been a bit side-tracked with my new job, but I'm here now.

So, yesterday there I was picking up some dirty laundry to go in the washing machine and there it was. A dead mouse on the stairs. Cue me prodding it with a biro in case it was actually just playing dead, realising it wasn't and having to find something to put it in (empty spaghetti container) before putting it in it's final resting place (an M&S carrier bag). We must sound like such slobs, but we're not I promise. We do however live near some right skanky buggers who are leaving rubbish around outside and we think it's attracting mice. I'm not sure what happened in the last moments of this little mouse's life. I suspect it must've snuck into our house looking for some company, some warmth, maybe a Kipling slice? Instead it ended about two steps up the staircase under a pair of boxer shorts. I'm not sure whether it went under there to die, or whether it crawled under to hide and had a heart attack as I thundered up the stairs from work. But either way, I'm sorry little mouse. I hope you're in a happier place now.

In other (slightly) less gross news, my Mother was kind enough to post me a copy of What's Eating Gilbert Grape as it came free with the Telegraph a few weeks ago. It didn't take long for me to realise I have the same hair as Gilbert. I need a hair appointment, stat. Thing is, I have a big issue with hairdressers. Whenever I go to one I ask for the same thing every time. I ask to go lighter, or darker. But they ALWAYS want me to go red. I don't have a problem with being red, but the fact is I've been there and done that and I just, JUST want them to give me what I want. Instead, I end up leaving with bland coloured hair that I could've done myself and about £80 poorer. Needless to say I'm reluctant to book an appointment but I can't carry on looking like Gilbert Grape.



To end on a more positive note, check out these sweet delights I've found on eBay whilst searching for cross-stitch stuff...



Super good cross-stitch pattern of a Carp.



...and, a rather random cross-stitch pattern for a Capybara.

(Please note: I haven't bought these items, but maybe you should?)

On the subject of Capybara, I am off to the zoo tomorrow so expect to see some photos.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered where you had been little samosa!

    Hairdresser's are mostly rubbish, but mine is amazing! Kind eyes, amazing stylist and really sweet. Go ask for Nick at Salon Wonder next time you're back in Canters! Might look a bit poncy, but he is the nicest man of all time.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally just left a really long comment about hairdresser's and now I can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salon Wonder I hear you cry? Thanks for the tip. The minute I head home I will look him up! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails