Friday, 15 October 2010

What the hell does this blog name mean?

I seem to have ended up with the most long and ridiculous blog name ever. Fact is, I'm TERRIBLE at picking names for things. God forbid the day I actually have children, they'll probably end up with names like 'Porridge' and 'Banjo' or something stupid.

'Our love is rice and beans and horses lard' is actually a song lyric by one of my favourite bands - The Pixies. It's from the song 'Bone Machine'. Ask most people and they wouldn't have heard it before, but if you listen very closely you can hear it. I think I only noticed it when I Googled the song lyrics once and it really stood out and I thought it was quite sweet and funny. 

Apart from that, I have no idea what it means - that's up to you I guess!

Here are the full lyrics which I pinched off this random site here. (if you click that, watch out for the annoying pop-up ads!)

This is a song for Carol
You're into Japanese fast-food
And I drop you off with your Japanese lover
And you're going to the beach all day
You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me
You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me

You're looking like
You've got some sun
Your blistered lips
Have got a kiss
The days are lit like everyone
Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh

Your bones got a little machine
You're the bone machine

I was talking to preachy-preach about kissy-kiss
He bought me a soda
He bought me a soda
He bought me a soda and he tried to molest me in the parking lot
Yep, yep yep YEP!

I make you break
You make me hard
Your Irish skin 
Looks Mexican
Our love is rice and beans and horses lard
Your bones got a little machine
You're the bone machine

Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh (3x)
Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh

4 comments:

  1. I went to see Pixies when they were in at Alexandra Palace, the first tour as a band again. It was amazing! Into the white was awe inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky thing! I've never actually gone to see them. I think I like them so much it might be best I don't in case I'm disappointed. Actually who am I kidding? I should probably try to see them next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'be been singing along to that song for 20 years and never realised they were the words! I proclaim you have the coolest blog name ever. And the Pixies are an AMAZING live band and would only enrich, not disappoint. (fab blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheh thanks! I'm glad someone doesn't think the name is too silly. OK, I'll definitely try and see them next time they tour anywhere near me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails